- About Us
- Obesity Prevention
Other Health Impairments
What are other health impairments?
Other health impairment means having limited strength, vitality, or alertness, including a heightened alertness to environmental stimuli, that results in limited alertness with respect to the educational environment, that
- Is due to chronic or acute health problems such as asthma, attention deficit disorder or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, diabetes, epilepsy, a heart condition, hemophilia, lead poisoning, leukemia, nephritis, rheumatic fever, sickle cell anemia, and Tourette syndrome; and
- Adversely affects a child’s educational performance.
What are the characteristics of other health impairments?
Some characteristics that are faced by individuals with other health impairments may include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordination difficulties
- Frequent absences from school
- Inability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Mobility Issues
- Muscle weakness
Where can I go for more information?