Spouse Education & Career Opportunities (SECO) is an online resource established by the Department of Defense designed to assist military spouses worldwide with career exploration, education, training and licensing, employment readiness, and career connections. This highly informative and user-friendly website was recently revamped to add some new features and functionalities.
Some of the new features and functionalities are:
- A new, more mobile-friendly design allows for faster download speeds with more responsive interfaces.
- Resume Builder helps military spouses create professional resumes and cover letters.
- MyICP Wizard assists in assessing career goals and creating a career plan.
- Entrepreneur EDGE™ helps military spouses realistically assess their ability to create their own businesses.
- Star Ratings Tool allows users to proved feedback on the MySECO articles and tools they find most helpful.
A few additional classic features are the ability to:
- Research different occupation paths
- Prepare to re-enter the workforce
- Find a school that is the right fit
- Search for scholarships
- Speak to a counselor by phone
- Establish career connections
The Clearinghouse for Military Family Readiness at Penn State can assist in these efforts to help military spouses with education and career goals by providing the right tools and information to the professionals serving military families. We have reviewed the evidence base behind over 1,000 programs. Click here to try our interactive, searchable database: https://lion.militaryfamilies.psu.edu/programs/find-programs?show=all Additionally, our Technical Assistance team stands ready to help you find, implement, and evaluate evidence-based programs and practices. Technical assistance agents may be reached through live chat, phone 1-877-382-9185, or email Monday through Friday from 9 AM until 5 PM ET.
Military OneSource. (2016). Spouse Education & Career Counseling [Website]. Retrieved from https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/